**Ten years ago I:
- Served as Director of the Photonics Program at the SUNY Institute of Technology
- Was proud of having built our program’s website using the latest version of Netscape Navigator.
- Co-led our church congregation’s youth group (our young men were excited about an upcoming snowboarding trip at the time )
- Lived in an old farmhouse in Holland Patent, NY (someone else grew and harvested the corn in the back each year, paying us $100 for the privilege.)
- Never remotely imagined that ten years later I’d be running a web-based genealogy startup
**Five things on today’s to-do list:
- Respond to this Tag meme with a blog post.
- Finish preparing a training presentation on Scouting for a group of youth leaders in our church congregation.
- Rake leaves and water the backyard
- Learn the latest on our daughter’s efforts to find a safe, affordable apartment in New Jersey with a short commute to NYC.
- Write a post on Genlighten’s strategy for surviving the current economic downturn.
**Five snacks I enjoy:
- Chocolate mint frozen yogurt with hot fudge (tough to find)
- Chex mix
- Tortilla chips and guacamole
- Bagels and cream cheese
- Pretty much any edible leftovers in the fridge
**Five places I have lived:
- Beaverton, OR
- Tucson, AZ
- Aspen Hill, MD
- Holland Patent, NY
- Northbrook, IL
**Five jobs I have had:
- Optics Graduate Research Assistant at the University of Arizona
- College Professor at SUNY Institute of Technology
- Post-Doctoral Researcher at the Army Research Laboratory
- Senior Research Scientist at Nanovation Technologies
- Founder & CEO at Genlighten.com