Last week I listed my my father’s RICHARDSON line; this week I turn to my mother’s side. Here’s what I know (or think I do!) about my direct KNAPP ancestors:
1. Dean Richardson
2. Roberta Knapp
3. Kenneth Guilford Knapp, born 07 Jan 1906 in Worcester, Worcester County, MA; died 08 Sep 1974 in Bradenton, Manatee County, FL
4. Walter Ferdinand Knapp, born 16 Oct 1872 in Easton, Aroostook County, ME; died 04 Dec 1906 in Worcester, Worcester County, MA
5. Hiram Loring Preston Knapp, born 1844 in Kingfield, Franklin County, ME; died 1927
6. Benjamin Franklin Eastman Knapp, born 04 Jan 1822 in Freeman, Franklin County, ME; died 14 Sep 1885 in Lowell, Middlesex County, MA
7. John Knapp, born 02 Oct 1792 in Leeds, Androscoggin County, ME; buried in Freeman Ridge Cemetery, Freeman, Franklin County, ME
8. Joseph Knapp, Jr., born 1763 in Easton, Bristol County, MA; died 07 Aug 1839 in Freeman, Franklin County, ME
New FamilySearch identifies further generations in the Knapp line including Joseph Sr., Benjamin and Aaron Knapp, but I have not yet explored the NFS data tor those individuals in detail and I can’t support the assertions in NFS with any of my own research or documentation.
Several of my Knapps (including John listed above) married into the Wing Family, for which many books and websites are available (e.g., The Wing Family of America.)
Data for John and Joseph Knapp, Jr. above is from the book A Genealogical History of Freeman, Maine 1796-1938, by George A. Thompson and Janet A. Thompson, Heritage Books, Inc. 1996.
If any of my potential Knapp cousins are reading this and think you might tie in to the line I’ve described (or if you have evidence contradicting the details I’ve given) I’d love to hear from you. Thanks!