Here’s what I know (or like to think I do) about my GRANT line.
1. Dean Richardson
2. David Richardson, born 17 Nov 1935 in Erie, Erie County, PA; died 16 Oct 1998 in Stanford, Santa Clara County, CA
3. Owen Richardson, born 02 Dec 1899 in Baltimore, Baltimore County, MD; died 05 Dec 1993 in Edinboro, Erie County, PA
4. Louise Grant Smith, born 01 Apr 1861 in Detroit, Wayne County, MI; died 01 May 1941 in Saybrook, Ashtabula County, OH
5. Margaretta Ballenger Grant, born 09 Apr 1839 in St. Louis, St. Louis County, MO; died 29 Jun 1918 in Tiffin, Seneca County, OH
6. David Miller Grant, born 03 Feb 1801 in Philadelphia (or Scotland!); died in 1848.
David seems to have been a ship’s captain for numerous boats traveling the Mississippi River. Family lore has him born in Scotland, Church records for Philadelphia seem to place his birth there, but neither are conclusive.
The obituary shown here is for Margaretta Ballenger (Grant) Shelly. She married (first) James Thomas Smith. After James’ death in 1863, she married (second) William Kern Shelly on 24 Dec 1866 in Chicago, Cook County, IL. The Mrs. Louise Richardson mentioned in the obituary as one of Margaretta’s three surviving daughters is my great-grandmother.
If you have any information on David Miller Grant of Philadelphia / St. Louis / Peoria, I’d sure be grateful to hear from you.