Here’s what I think I know about my JESSOP line:
1. Dean Richardson
2. David Richardson, born 17 Nov 1935 in Erie, Erie County, PA; died 16 Oct 1998 in Stanford, Santa Clara County, CA
3. Owen Richardson, born 02 Dec 1899 in Baltimore, Baltimore County, MD; died 05 Dec 1993 in Edinboro, Erie County, PA
4. Allen Chapman Richardson, born 18 Jun 1859 in Baltimore, Baltimore County, MD; died 21 Dec 1908 in Erie, Erie County, PA
5. Sarah Rogers Merryman, born 03 Oct 1834 in Baltimore County, MD; died 14 Oct 1896
6. Mary Jessop, born 1804/1805 in Baltimore County, MD, died 14 Nov 1854.
7. Charles Jessop, born 06 Nov 1759, Baltimore County, MD; died 02 Apr 1828.
The picture shown here is from a color portrait of Charles, donated in 2006 to the Maryland Historical Society. Charles and his wife Mary Gorsuch lived in Vaux Hall, a home Charles is said to have built in 1800, the ruins of which are located near present-day Phoenix, Maryland. [Some data taken from Winter 2007 issue of the Maryland Historical Society News, p. 4.]