You ordered a death certificate lookup on Genlighten a few days back, and the email just arrived letting you know that the provider completed your lookup successfully. You click on the link, log in, and there’s your document. It’s clear, it’s readable, and YES — it’s got the information you were hoping for. It’s almost happy dance time! But first, you need to save your document on your computer and print out a copy. In this step-by-step tutorial, we’ll show you how.
So How Do I Download and Print My Document?
Here are the steps you’ll need to follow to save and print your document(s) if you use Microsoft Vista. [If you use Windows XP, try this Printing Help Page instead.]
1) Navigate to the Lookup Status Detail / Document Delivery page from your Genlighten account.
2) Click on the image thumbnail. A new window should open and you’ll see a full-size version of your document displayed.
3) Right-click on the full-size document image and select “Save Image As”.
4) A dialog box will appear. Browse to the directory where you’d like to save the image file, give it a descriptive name, and click Save.
5) Locate your image on your hard drive by browsing to the directory into which you saved the image.
6) Right click on the image and select “Preview”.
7) A Windows application called “Windows Photo Gallery” should open with a large version of your image. Click on the “Print” menu at the top of the window and select the “Print” option.
8 ) This should bring up the “Print Pictures” option box. Select the printer you want to use and adjust any printing parameters as needed (size, quality, paper type, orientation, etc.) Then click “Print”. You may need to experiment with different orientations to get the best fit on the page. Depending on the image resolution your provider used when they scanned your document, printing may take several minutes.
9) That’s it… you did it! Woo-hoo!
If after trying to print your documents you still have questions, just e-mail us at email@example.com. Thanks!