Here’s what I know (or am willing to accept for the time being from undocumented sources) about my direct GILBERT ancestors:
1. Dean Richardson
2. Roberta Knapp
3. Kenneth Guilford Knapp, born 07 Jan 1906 in Worcester, Worcester County, MA; died 08 Sep 1974 in Bradenton, Manatee County, FL
4. Walter Ferdinand Knapp, born 16 Oct 1872 in Easton, Aroostook County, ME; died 04 Dec 1906 in Worcester, Worcester County, MA
5. Mary E. Gilbert, born about 1837/38 or 1840 in Maine; died 1910
6. Calvin P. Gilbert, born 06 Feb 1810 in Maine
7. Nathaniel Gilbert, Jr., born 08 Jan 1781 in Kingston, Plymouth County, MA; died 06 Aug 1872 in Kingfield, Franklin County, ME
8. Nathaniel Gilbert, born 13 Aug 1749 in Pembroke, Plymouth County, MA; died 1834
The details on Calvin and Nathaniel Gilbert Jr. are taken from “A History of Lewiston, Maine, With A Genealogical Register of Early Families” by Janus G. Elder, p. 169. I originally found this information via Google Books. Now when I go revisit the same book online I find I can no longer view p. 169. Guess that’s Google’s way of saying it’s time I sprung $40 for a used version on Amazon.
Several different Member Trees on Ancestry and my main tree on New FamilySearch extend the Gilbert and related lines back to mid-1600′s England. I haven’t done the necessary research to feel confident in pulling that info into my files yet.
As always, I’d be grateful to connect with any Gilbert relatives who are researching these same lines.